Monday, February 25, 2013

Homewood's Miller Williams Attends Presidential Inauguration in Washington, DC

Homewood High School junior Miller Williams braved the huge crowd and cold temperatures in Washington, DC to attend the 2nd term Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama in January. The event will certainly be a highlight of his high school journey. "I have become very interested in government and public policy, so it was an incredible experience to witness an amazing piece of history first-hand." says Williams. "I worked in Washington, DC this past summer for Senator Richard Shelby and grew interested in government and politics. I was able to receive inauguration tickets from Senator Shelby, and I went with my parents. It was truly the experience of a lifetime witnessing the greatest transition of power in the world." Williams is the son of Scott and Laura Williams of Homewood.