Monday, January 26, 2015



Teacher Spotlight with Jami Wilson
Q:What was your journey to Homewood High School?

A: I grew up just outside Jasper, AL, in a small community called Lupton. I graduated from Walker High School and went to the University of North Alabama in Florence to get my undergraduate degree. I then moved to Marrietta, GA, and taught at Lassiter High School for two years. I came to Homewood the fall of 2002 and have been here ever since!

Q: Whom do you look up to?

A: My mom. She’s such a strong woman of God. She’s truly the rock of our family and is ALWAYS there for me when I need her. (And, yes, you still need your mommy sometimes at 38.)

Q: If you could teach anything at Homewood, what would it be?

a:”That’s easy…. Creative writing. Actually, I’d love to create a super nerdy/geeky class like “The Science of Science Fiction”. Yeah. That's good.”

Q: What did you do before becoming a teacher?

A: I spent 3 years, during my senior year in high school and then in college, working in a bank. I started out as a bank teller and then began working in collections department. I had the privilege of telling people to grab their kids and dogs because we were coming to repossess their trailer. I actually had one person threaten my life when I called to remind him that his loan payment was past due. It really was NOT a job that I enjoyed.

Q: What is something that most people don’t know about you?

A:”I guess I can spill the beans here. Between the ages of 13 and 15, I was a clogger. Big hair, big skirts, and big kicks. It was fun.”   


Teacher Spotlight Submitted by Lester Hood, Mason McDonald, & David Luker